Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas and other things

Christmas was a very good one this year. I am still amazed at how something so small could hold my heart in the palm of her hand. Let me tell you that Christmas would have been special without BA and a transplant. The reason being is simply that she is here. We tried for three years to get pregnant and in August of 2007 we were at a point in our lives where it was a last chance effort or we would probably have to hold off for awhile. For whatever reason, the problem was with me and I was placed on fertility drugs (some dr's say I am fat and that is why, others say it is my PCOS...who knows). In August of 2007 I was on the highest dose they could safely give me before we started to talk about other procedures. While we are comfortable in our home and the way we live, we were in no way prepared to spend thousands of dollars for other procedures. So, in September 2007 when we found out we were pregnant we were overjoyed! The following months were not as bad as some pregnant women have it. Yes, I did get labeled as a high risk pregnancy because of my weight, but also due to my gestational diabetes. In May 2008 when Ember was born, it was the best day of my life. To finally have her here was great!!!! So, you can see why Christmas this year was special due to just having her with us. Her liver transplant made it just that much more special.

She did receive WAY too many items, but I am finding that this is true with most first Christmases. Though, I must say that most of the items she received will last her, with the exception of clothes, for a long time. Almost all of her toys are labeled up to 36 months. We tried to get her a lot of developmental toys as well since she is considered to be slightly behind right now. Mostly that is because of the time she has spent in the hospital. Two major surgeries in the span of 3 months would do that to anyone I would think. She enjoyed Christmas morning mostly. There are some pictures below that show her with Santa a few days before Christmas, then sleeping on Christmas eve, and then opening presents on Christmas.









Tomorrow we are hosting a Trivia Night in order to help with her medical costs associated with her transplant. I want to thank everyone who has donated to the event. We couldn't have done it without you. I also want to tell everyone about The Dreamland Chronicles. This is a web comic that I read regularly and I contacted Scott asking if he would be willing to donate something for the raffle. He sent us a great box of books and toys that I am sure are going to be a hit. The reason I wanted to point him out to everyone is because this is my way to help him out as well. He makes his living through the web comic. So, please stop by and check it out. He is very talented so it is worth your while. He also linked Ember's site. It amazes me that by contacting one person I didn't know, we received such a nice donation and he is sharing Ember's story. While I do not know Scott personally, I can honestly say that I wish I did. He seems like a great guy, especially because of his generosity. There is a whole list of others that I would like to thanks also. My family (Mom, dad, pop, fran, judie, mike, meaghan, our ants, uncles etc..). Our friends (Donna, Jan, conrad, peggy, joe, erica, etc...) I will post a larger list later! I have rambled long enough.

Once more thing to note...Our friends Tonya and Pete welcomed their new bundle of joy into the world on Wednesday. I couldn't be happier for them. No one deserves to be parents more than they did. Welcome to mommy and daddy hood guys! It's the best! Matt and I are here if you need us!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Jeannie - So happy that you had a wonderful Christmas! I'm so thankful that Ember is doing so well. She's going to be ready for pigtails soon with all that hair! ;) Junebug hugs to you and Ember!